Most of these are just common sense, but make them habits and they'll save you money and be kinder to the environment.
- Service your car - tuning, tyre pressure, and regular servicing all make it more efficient.
- Extra weight increases fuel use. Do you really need everything that's lurking in the boot?
- Air conditioning increases fuel consumption, so only use it when you need it.
- Drive smoothly - excessive braking and accelerating takes more energy and wears out your car faster.
- Don't keep your engine running while stationary for any time - if it's safe to do so, switch it off.
- Drive more slowly - higher speeds significantly increase fuel consumption.
- Higher gears are more efficient, so move up through the gears as soon as you can.
- Combine journeys - do several chores at once, or give someone a lift.